Your Solution for Missing Teeth
When you’re dealing with a missing tooth, there are a few options you can consider to restore your smile to its natural beauty. Many patients in Olathe choose dental implants because they provide a high-quality, lasting solution to missing teeth.
Imagine not feeling embarrassed about your smile again! Moon Signature Dentistry can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile and care-free function that will last for the rest of your life from!
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a device that serves as a root for your tooth. They’re usually made of titanium and surgically placed below the jaw in place of your natural root. It is then left to fuse to the jawbone.
What Are Dental Implants Used for?
Dental implants also help the shape and density of the jawbone by supporting the facial structure and soft tissues around the gums, cheeks, and lips.
The functionality of implants help you to eat, chew and have a natural-looking smile.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are a restoration process done in our office by Dr. Moon. She will assess and plan for the placement of a titanium post, abutment post, and an artificial tooth over the course of about two to eight months.
Implants do require surgery and we understand that there can be some anxiety associated with dental work. At Moon Signature Dentistry, we offer sedation dentistry, which includes:
- Inhalation Sedation (Laughing Gas)
- Oral Sedation (Valium, Halcion)
- IV Sedation (Conscious Sedation)
The Dental Implant Process
The process of placing dental implants included a few steps.
Tooth Extraction: Dr. Moon will remove the remaining broken or cracked portions of the tooth to provide space for your dental implant.
- Bone Graft (if necessary): Bone grafts are needed when there is a lack of adequate bone structure.
- Dental Implant Placement: Dr. Moon will secure your dental implant beneath your gums and into your jawbone to allow for integration. After placement of the implant, it takes several months for the jaw to heal correctly.
- Abutment Placement: An abutment will screw into the crown and is the supporting structure from the implant that allows a crown to attach.
- Crown Placement: After a few weeks of healing, your crown will be attached to the abutment.
How Do I Care for My Implants?
Implants are a long-term investment worth smiling about, but there are a few health guidelines you’ll need to follow after surgery.
TWO WEEKS AFTER SURGERY
Stick to softer foods for the first couple of weeks after surgery. There are plenty of options out there, so you don’t have to eat ice cream 24/7! Always remember that even if you’re not hungry, you still need nutrition to help with healing.
You must keep with your oral hygiene routine – brushing, flossing, and fluoride rinses are ways to ensure your implants last.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
There are quite a few advantages of getting your implants from Moon Signature Dentistry, including:
- Receiving care by a dentist like Dr. Beverly Moon who has aesthetic expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry
- Continuity of care at a single office and fewer office visits
- Dental sedation options, if you’d like them
Beyond these advantages, when you journey through your dental implant process with us, you’ll be able to include permanent solutions into your long-term dental plan and budget.
Finally, our experience and expertise in restorative and cosmetic dentistry are sure to bring you the results you desire—both in functionality and appearance!
You’ll be on your way to smiling brighter when you choose the professionals at Moon Signature Dentistry for your dental implants.